Job Description - Software Application Engineer (004APM)
Software Application Engineer-004APM
The primary responsibility of this position will include Graphics design and coding BMS programs and services for BMS systems. This will include designing, implementing, verifying, and maintaining a graphics library throughout its lifecycle. Additional responsibilities will be in the area of BMS system programming. Individuals in this position may review customer requirements, which include software system development requirements, software and hardware specifications
Principle responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Graphics design using TGML and working in a collaborate environment while following and improving standards
- Create and maintain appropriate software documentation, including high-level system descriptions.
- Work independently and collaboratively with a small team to solve technical and market challenges.
- Successfully interact cross-functionally to develop solutions.
- Evaluate and recommend technologies and practices to improve development.
- Maintain working knowledge of emerging concepts and technologies.
- Triage and resolve software defects and work with technicians in the field to resolve graphical issues.
- College/University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1 years of software engineering experience.
- Development and maintenance experience with one or more graphics platforms (TGML, HTML, GUI).
- Working knowledge of .NET and/or Java web development technologies.
- Experience with multiple data formats, specifically TGML and XML.
- Strong analytical and design skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt and perform in a fast moving and oft-changing environment.
- Passionate about energy efficiency, energy management, and green technologies a plus.