Total Support Force (TSF) Cell AssistantPosting Date: 06 December 2018
Location:Andover, 0, GB, SP11 8HT
Company: Babcock Apply now »
Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply
General Description of JobThe TSF Cell Assistant will support the TSF Cell Supervisor in managing and maintaining all aspects of governance and compliance for DSG personnel deployed overseas as Sponsored Reserves, CONDO personnel or Mobile Support Teams. .The Assistant will ensure the service is consistent across all deployed periods regardless of duration. The role will be required to work collaboratively across all DSG functional areas providing direct support to Operations and specifically the 1(UK) Div team effort
Main Tasks:What the post holder has Responsibility for;
- To co-ordinate relationships with internal stakeholders including all points of contact across the sector as well as subject matter experts embedded within operating units
- To co-ordinate relationships with the Ministry of Defence and other external stakeholders and suppliers
- To provide support to deploying personnel on Insurance, Passport and Visas.
- To manage all travel, transport and accommodation requirements for deploying personnel
- To supply correct clothing and equipment has been issued to personnel for the duration of their deployment.
- Be part of a 24/7 emergency contact and assistance team.
- Provide Liaison support to families of deployed personnel
- Liaise with local Police and agencies.
- To administer the central database of Deployable personnel. This will include administration of the governance process, TSF SharePoint Site and best practice registers and documents
- To administer management information based on feedback from key stakeholders of each project / deployment
- To co-ordinate and administer a standard control of work process that is implemented at all sites and ensures clear lines of communication across all operating units
- To assist in the coordinating and management to ensure that all personnel deployed overseas are up to date in accordance with medicals, inoculations and training requirements and that the relevant emergency information is supplied
- To understand the compliance requirements detailed within DefCON / DefStan / JSPs and Babcock CONDO Policy
The post holder has Accountability for;
- Accountable to the TSF Cell Supervisor for all elements of support to implementation, management and maintenance of all deployed support services and requirements across DSG
Maintaining a register of all necessary Risk Assessments ensuring the highest level of Health
- and Safety is adhered to at all times
The post holder has delegated Authority for; (when delegated by the TSF Cell Supervisor)
- Ordering local area threat analysis from approved suppliers
- Arranging all medical and dental examination requirements
- Authority to manage resources to achieve desired deployment milestones
- Authority to request transport and travel requirements (pool cars, hotels etc.)
- Authority to submit IT requests
- Authority to raise FM requests
- Authority to request ad-hoc purchases in line with LOA
The post holder will be measured by indictors including;
- Compliancy maintained at a level greater than 95% for critical compliancy or 85% of non-critical compliancy.
- Travel & Movement – 90% of final travel plans issued within 5 days of travel
- Issue Log – 90% of urgent issues closed within 1 day of target; 70% of standard issues closed within 1 day of target
- 24/7 out of hours contact –
- 50% of responses in 15 minutes
- 75% of responses in 30 minutes
100% of responses in 60 minutes
Technical Experience and QualificationsEssential
- Good standard of education (Level 3 or equivalent demonstrable experience)
- Excellent all round inter-personnel skills
- Proficient user of Microsoft packages: Word, Excel and SharePoint.
DesirableMilitary experience and knowledge of deployed operating environments
Skills Profile/ Other requirements :Skills requirements:
- The successful candidate will require excellent communication and organisational skills, flexibility and resilience.
- They would need to be an adaptable self-starter, which will require them to quickly establish themselves in a fast pace environment working under their own initiative.
Training and tools requirements:
Full training will be provided for DefCON / DefStan requirements
This role is within the Defence Business Unit in the Land Sector of Babcock International Group. Land Sector provides large scale fleet management and training for our customers.
Babcock is an armed forces friendly organisation. Babcock Defence offers all members of the Reserve Forces or Force Veterans a guaranteed interview if they meet the minimum criteria. Please indicate in your reply, if you qualify and wish to be considered for a guaranteed interview.
Babcock is a leading engineering support services organisation employing 35,000 people across the world. Babcock offers a hugely diverse number of career options and strives to attract the best talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
All applications should be made online. If you experience difficulties please visit http://www.babcockinternational.com/careers/frequently-asked-questions/
Please note that all correspondence will be sent via e-mail so please check your email account and spam/junk folder regularly. Apply now »
Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply