Job Description - Civil Intern - Highways (Spring 2020) (BI 000812)
Civil Intern - Highways (Spring 2020)-(BI 000812)
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Position SummaryInterns positions at Jacobs provide college students an opportunity to gain real-world experience in their specific area of study. Interns will work alongside world-class professionals in a fast-paced, professional setting which provides interns invaluable experiences applying the knowledge and skills learned through education in a business environment
- Employee will perform tasks under supervision of highway group staff. Well-defined company standards and procedures will be utilized.
- Work is checked in process and/or upon completion.
- Occasional tasks of a routine and repetitive nature may be required.
- Performance of a variety of duties for the highway department including drafting of construction plans, providing construction phase services (shop drawing and RFI review, meeting minutes), assisting in local inspections (taking field notes, drafting and editing final reports) and other miscellaneous tasks such as organizing reports, packaging submissions, mailing documents, and making deliveries to local clients.
- Exposure to various software packages including AutoCAD, Microstation, Excel, Word, Outlook, and Adobe.
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited university as a Civil Engineering major is required
- Demonstrated interest in civil transportation projects
- Previous internship or co-op experience is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Must work well in a group or team atmosphere.
- Excellent organization and critical thinking/problem solving skills. Must be willing to ask questions and organize thoughts or solutions during tasks.
- Strong time management and attention to detail.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher is required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
#universityJacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
Primary Location:United States-Iowa-Iowa City
Job Posting:Oct 18, 2019, 12:51:57 AM